Academic infrastructures for industrial development
Date and time
Wednesday, 5 May 2021 13:00 - 17:00
Meeting ID: 984 7007 8205
Big Science Sweden and the ÅMA Ångström Materials Academy will be holding a seminar on research infrastructure for industrial development. Representatives from selected research infrastructures and industrial companies are invited to share information and discuss the instruments that are available in universities, the type of materials challenges each instrument is appropriate for, and how to gain access to each instrument.
You will be able to book one-to-one meetings with researchers or industrial representatives through the seminar registration tool. One-to-one meetings will be held at the end of the seminar, 16:00-17:00.
Research infrastructure and industrial development: the missed opportunity.
- Fredrik Engelmark, ILO for CERN and Ernesto Gutiérrez, Collaboration and Business Developer, Big Science Sweden and Uppsala University (UU).
New materials for energy storage challenges: academia-industry experiments at research facilities MAX IV, DESY and ISIS.
- William Brandt, Assistant Professor, Structural Chemistry, UU
New possibilities with X-ray science: how research and industry can benefit from it.
- Håkan Rensmo, Professor, Department of Physics and Astronony, UU
Electron Paramagnetic Resonans-EPR: what it is for and examples of academia-industry projects.
- Ping Huang, researcher, Molecular Biomimetics; Photosynthesis Group, UU
Applied Mechanics laboratory: a virtual guided visit and examples of collaboration with industry.
- Kristofer Gamstedt, Professor, and Peter Bergkvist, Project Coordinator, Applied Mechanics, UU
Innovative Materials Arena- IMA: equipment and competence.
- Linda Robinson, materials expert and senior advisor, IMA and ESS