10 February 2022
Pan-European Partnering in Big Science
Big Science facilities are currently making large investments, and industry is becoming increasingly interested in forming pan-European consortia when bidding for contracts.
Our recent event, Pan-European Partnering in Big Science, attracted a large number of participants, interested in finding out more about the future needs of research facilities and about the advantages of building consortia when submitting bids for contracts.
Representatives from large system integrators and SMEs also took part, and shared their experiences of collaborations and contracts. One of the speakers was Carl Johan Fagerström from Fagerström Industrikonsult, who had some important advice for SMEs.
“Be bold, understand the whole picture before starting up collaborations and consortia,” he said. “Target niche projects that are most suitable for the company, have a clear strategy plan, and be proactive.”
During the afternoon, participants had the chance to take the first step towards making new, important contacts. No fewer than 109 1-to-1 meetings were held in an intensive session.
“Contracts will be getting bigger and bigger, and collaborations will be crucial for both small and large companies,” said the moderator, Anna Hall, Director of Big Science Sweden, drawing the event to a close. “It’s been very satisfying to see so many participants here today, acquiring valuable new knowledge and making contacts.”
Many thanks to the day’s speakers:
- Belén del Cerro, Spanish ILO for ITER (F4E & IO) and other fusion-related devices at Belén del Cerro
- Christophe Dorschner, Head of Procurement & Contracts Division at ITER
- Javier Echávarri Delmás, Spanish ILO for ESO and SKA at CDTI E.P.E.
- Aitor Echeandia, CEO at Elytt Energy S.L.
- Iñigo Eletxigerra-Aja, Particle & Nuclear Physics Business RO at IDOM
- Carl Johan Fagerström, CEO at Fagerström Industrikonsult AB
- Oscar Fernandez Moyano, Eureka Spanish National Project Coordinator at CDTI
- Gabriele Firpo, Engineer at Ansaldo Nucleare
- Anna Hall, Director at Big Science Sweden
- Angel Ibarra, Ciemat
- Peter Lindberg, EUREKA National Project Coordinator (NPC) Sweden at Vinnova
- Florian Reuter, CEO at Reuter Technologie GmbH
The organisers of Pan-European Partnering in Big Science, 8 February 2022, were Big Science Sweden, BSBF (Big Science Business Forum) 2022, ENRIITC, PERIIA, and CDTI.