The project concerns the design and construction of a high resolution soft x-ray emission beamline for material science at MAX IV. Key parts of the project concern development of components for improved performance, both in collaboration with vendors but also as University in-house development and manufacturing.
The beamline consists of a 57 m +10 m long stretch of vacuum and optical components to shape and transmit soft x-ray photons to a sample where they will interact with the electronic structure of the material being studied.
- Marcus Agåker, Project leader, procurement, instrument design
- Carl-Johan Englund, Senior research engineer, mechanical design
- Pierre Fredriksson, Shop engineer, mechanical manufacturing
- Nial Wassdahl, Researcher, assembly and testing
- Joseph Nordgren, Senior Professor, instrumentation design
Project management, design, mechanical part procuction and installation.
- FMB Berlin
- Piltz Optics
- Surface Concepts
- Englund Engineering
- Pfeiffer Vacuum
- Österby Gjuteri
- Uppsala University
- Lund University
- Linköping University