Centre for X-Rays in Swedish Material Science
To extend the use of Big Science R&D experimental facilities amongst material science researchers at Swedish universities, research institutes and industry, The Swedish Research Council (VR) is taking two related initiatives. Investing in the P21 beamline of PETRA III at DESY, Hamburg - enabling Swedish researchers to gain privileged access. Financing the Center for X-rays in Swedish Materials Science (CeXS). CeXS activities are:
- Raising awareness about the research possibilities at PETRA III in DESY, especially amongst researchers who are new to high-energy x-ray tools.
- Providing training and support to Swedish researchers and industry about why, when and how to use high-energy x-rays.
- Disseminating the results of Swedish research at PETRA III, DESY.
Royal Institute of Technology, KTH
- Peter Hedström, Professor, Team leader, Department Materials Science and Engineering, Director of CeXS, specialist in high-energy x-rays for metals
- Fredrik Eriksson, Professor, Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Vice-Director of CeXS. Specialist in high-energy x-rays for thin films.
- Denise McCluskey, Manager of CeXS.
Swedish companies are being engaged in projects using the facilities at PETRA III, DESY. Projects can be internal to the company or in collaboration with universities or research institutes.
- CeXS is hosted at KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- CeXS is supported Linköping University
- All Swedish universities are welcome to request information and support from CeXS