Big Science Sweden is funded by Sweden’s largest and most important organisations for supporting and funding Swedish research and high-tech research and growth: Vinnova (Sweden’s Innovation Agency), The Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet) and The Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth (Tillväxtverket).
Big Science Sweden is led by a consortium comprising the Association of Swedish Engineering Industries (Teknikföretagen), the industrial development centre (Industrikluster IUC Syd), Chalmers University of Technology, Lund University, Luleå University of Technology, Uppsala University, RISE, and Region Skåne.
The management consortium operates through a Steering Committee, supported by regional Advisory Boards.
- Kjell Möller (Chair) • Association of Swedish Engineering Industries
- Patrik Carlsson (acting) • Chalmers University of Technology
- Margaretha Andersson • Uppsala University
- Viktoria Mattsson and Anna Öhrwall Rönnbäck • Luleå University of Technology
- Jan-Eric Ståhl • Faculty of Engineering, Lund University
- Olof Sandberg and Anne Norén • RISE
- Camilla Dahlin • IUC Syd
- Karl Löfmark (acting) • Region Skåne
- Natasa Pahlm (Observer) • Vinnova
We have set up regional advisory boards, comprising people with unique and varied areas of expertise. Our node-based advisory boards are important strategic discussion partners and an important asset for Big Science Sweden.
Node South, Office in Lund and programme offices
- Martin Stankovski • Project Manager and Development Strategist at Lund University (Chair)
- Björn Åhlander • Legal adviser, Region South at the Association of Swedish Engineering Industries
- Thomas Arnebrant • Pro-Dean, Faculty of Health and Society at Malmo University
- Ulrika Geeraedts • Director of Regional Development at Region Skåne
- Tomas Lundqvist • Senior Area Coordinator LSRI at RISE
- Fredrik Melander • Head of R&D Relations at Science Village Scandinavia
- Pia Kinhult • Head of Host States Relations at ESS
- Magnus Larsson • Head of Industrial Relations at Max IV
Node East, Office in Uppsala
- Margaretha Andersson • Head of Division at Research Support Division at Uppsala University
- Linus Andersson • Advisor at ALMI Företagspartner, Uppsala
- Erik Asplund • Business strategist at Region Uppsala
- Leif Lyckebäck • Innovation and business advisor at RISE in Uppsala
Node North, Offices in Luleå and Kiruna
- Per Erik Andersson • Innovation strategist at Region Norrbotten
- Johan Eriksson • Head of Research in Process Metallurgy at Swerim
- Tor Björn Minde • CEO at RISE ICE Datacenter
- Pär Weihed • Vice-Chancellor, Luleå University of Technology